View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 05:57 PM   #794
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Honestly, my guy feel is that I won't go back to an employee role. There's just too many good things in terms of doing contracting. Maybe its because I've been lucky and been able to pile up multiple contracts and keep getting asked about doing more. I know there will be a starvation time. But I love the freedom of it, setting my time and hours. Setting a rate that I think I'm worth instead of gripping about being under paid compared to the revenue I bring in. I can say no to work that I don't want to do. I get to do new and interesting things every day.

Most of all, after what happened in my last couple of "jobs" my trust for employers is through the floor, now I have to trust myself.

Sure there are things that I miss, the stability when things are slower is a big one. But at the same time, there's a certain adrenaline rush to building a business, and a real thrill when an invoice gets paid.

In one of my current contracts (recruiting) they keep pressing on me going employee with them, but I've pushed back because there's no chance that I'm giving up the work that I'm doing in the startup world where I feel like I'm really helping people, and learning new things nearly every day.

I'm not all that interested in working for the man anymore so to speak, I've learned over the years that no matter what you do, they don't always have your best interests at heart.

Friday Rant off.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: