View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 02:57 PM   #16
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey folks, I'm not technically unemployed yet although I just worked my final day at my current job. My company gave us a few options to help them survive through this time including early retirement, early out, an extended leave of absence or reduced work hours. I decided to take the early out package but it won't be official until our Management teams work through all the submissions which should be this week sometime.

That being said, I'm also currently in school studying Data Analytics and Business Intelligence and I'm hoping to make that my new career down the road. I have done some self training previously on data analytics including SQL and Python and as of the beginning of March I'm doing formal SQL training. What I would really appreciate would be finding a mentor that can help me develop my data analytics/SQL skills especially with working on full fledged databases and doing practical queries. We do a lot of labs and practice work on sample databases but I find that the data volume is lacking in these sample sets and that the work we are doing is not all that practical.

If anyone wants to share some non-proprietary databases and some work flows I would be very grateful.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote