View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 03:45 PM   #2058
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Is it? We are in the middle if discussing how this is not the case at all. OK, maybe simpler. I'll give you that. I've yet to be convinced it's cheaper, and "more efficient" is a dubious qualifier. As was shown by Accord1999, battery efficiency has it's issues.
The market is proving that solar, wind + storage is cheaper and better to build.

Unfortunately nuclear, despite probably being the 'best' options has not had any new tech show up since the 70's, and has to deal with an insane amount of regulations. Most plants take decades to build, run over budget and cost multitudes of billions in the end.

In the meantime, solar & wind is going up like crazy, and storage is starting to hit its stride.

Battery efficiency is a moot point. Honestly, we are just starting to get into battery tech. What will it look like 10 years from now?

Because it would take at least 10 years to build a nuclear plant.

We also don't talk about wind enough. I remember putting up windmills on our farm in 1993 I believe, and they were 300kW. Aren't there windmills coming to market right now that are 10mW? That is insane.

Off shore, regional, cost effective, etc.

Again, the market is speaking here. Pretty obvious what it is saying.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote