View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 03:26 PM   #855
MonsieurFish
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I cancelled my Shaw TV services a couple months ago following the completion of the NHL and Premier League/Champions League seasons, as those are pretty much all I really cable for, with the hopes that Shaw would offer me a TV package I couldn't turn down in return. That hasn't happened as of yet, and Premier league kicks off pretty quick here, so I am debating whether or not I need to renew my TV services with shaw, or whether or not I can meet my needs through subscription services of some sort.

I am fairly new to the 'cutting the cord' movement, but I am thinking something along the lines of ordering sportsnet world to watch soccer, plus ordering NHL gamecenter to watch the flames games (I live in Calgary so I imagine most games will be blocked out... I imagine this can be resolved through some sort of VPN proxy, likely addressed earlier in this thread). My issue however is that I often am not available to watch flames games live, and usually am either watching an hour or two delayed (I set up my PVR to record them usually), or an hour or two after the game is over. Unless I'm mistaken, NHL gamecenter would not allow me to watch games delayed, and I would have to wait until the following day? Is there another service/mechanism out there that would allow me to watch Flames games on the same day, but not necessarily live? Any advice would be much appreciated.
MonsieurFish is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MonsieurFish For This Useful Post: