View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 09:08 AM   #3400
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, I finished it this weekend, the battle was better and the fact that they were willing to make the Justice League stone cold killers was a good decision.

Was it better then the Whedon version, absolutely it was, and the fact that they took more time with the stories of the hero's and even the villains was a big part of the improvement of that. However outside of Superman and Wonder Woman, and to a bit of an extent Batman, I really didn't find the charaters of Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash either likeable or all that interesting, they were set pieces.

In terms of actual film making and ZS, I get it was simply a re-edit, so the CGI looked unfinished, and video game like, and the slow motion and some of the effects were either in the too much level or just meh.

I have to wonder, if the ZS cut came out on streaming with a 30 dollar price tag like WW84 if people would have bothered to watch it, or even reviewed it as well as they did. Its easy to give a positive review for free stuff, not so much for something that costs.

I can understand why the studio is not willing to gamble on continuing the ZS universe, its too big of a risk for a multi hundred million dollar cost, and even now the reviews are somewhat mixed. Let it die out, wait a few years and reboot the whole thing.

I will say the worst part was the future preview with Joker and Batman, while the concept of a rage filled Superman that becomes the destroyer on man is really kind of intriguing. But that Joker Batman interaction was just awful.

I can see if this version of Suicide Squad fails (The trailer looks interesting, but the trailer for the first one was awesome). That the DC universe will be packed in a box and put on the shelf for a while.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote