View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 11:17 AM   #3387
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Doesn't make sense. You would only be giving an opportunity for the species and people who don't respect sustainability to take over. If I assume a certain amount of people on any planet are going to control themselves and a certain amount are just going to consume and reproduce at the cost of all else, if I wipe out half, I've now wiped out half of the people into conservation, and the empty houses are just going to be taken over by whoever reproduces the most.

Thinking more about the Darkseid thing. Do we know that Darkseid forgot where Earth was? Steppenwolf was acting on his own in exile. It would make sense that Darkseid would want to keep the location of Earth secret from people like Steppenwolf, as Earth contained a very powerful weapon that could be used against him. So Steppenwolf's lack of knowledge is pretty meaningless.

They also mentioned a multiverse. If there are many versions of Earth it would make it harder to track. Especially if the planets themselves are all moving.
Your explanation for Thanos is what could happen, what also could happen is what I described. Still makes sense.

As for your ZSJL take, Darkseid says “I have turned 10,000 worlds to dust looking for Anti-Life,Looking for those who robbed me of my glory. I will stride across their bones and bask in the glow of Anti-Life and all of existence shall be mine.”

So he didn't hide its location for himself. Perhaps its just that Darkseid...an all powerful villain that could be between 24 and 30 thousand years old forgot. But usually immortal, genius level intellectuals don't have memory problems.

The multiverse could offer an explanation, also the constant expansion of the universe could offer the explanation. However, if Darkseid learned about the Life equation from Martian Manhunter and devised that there has to be a anti-life equation this would probably stick pretty prominently in his mind as this is the only thing that drives Darkseid....
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote