View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 07:17 PM   #490
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecube View Post
I am assuming that by posting that that you are responding to my question to say that all things being exactly equal apart from it being white adults attacking the farm that things would have been much different. Is that correct?

A couple of replies to the lady (which you appear to agree with) suggesting that.
I am sure that my sons could have shown up on Gerald Stanley's farm and he would not have gotten out his semi-automatic pistol. And I'm also sure it wouldn't have discharged accidentally. And I'm also sure that if it had, he would have at least been found guilty of manslaughter, or improper use of a firearm. Or something. I'm also sure police wouldn't have come to my house and searched it. They would, perhaps, have searched the murderer's house.
Quote:
If my son was drunk, in a car driving with other drunk people and a loaded gun, taking part in a home invasion, driving into a person's yard to steal their things, I can guarantee you that there would be no expectation of protection based on his skin colour or appearance of race. There would be a feeling of complete failure on my part, that as his mother I did not do a better job of teaching him to make good choices. I would be angry that his father did not do a better job of teaching him how to make good choices for himself. But no- I would not expect his white skin to be an excuse or a protection.
Quote:
My kids are indigenous and they haven't been harrassed by the police or "white" people. If I lived in the country and had someone come on to my property that I didn't know I sure in the heck would be scared too. I don't care what race they are! Too much crime going on nowadays. Can't trust anyone. This Stanley dude would have probably done the same thing had it been a carload of "white" guys he didn't know. The justice system is messed up period. Criminals go free constantly whatever race they are. But to say this was a race issue just instills more hate. Do you even know ANYTHING about this guy to say that he was a racist? Don't get me wrong because what happened to this young man was terrible and I feel for his family. I also feel bad for Gerald Stanley and his family and what they are having to go through as well. Until you know for certain that this had to do with race it is wrong for you to assume otherwise.

Last edited by Bagor; 02-14-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post: