View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 12:46 PM   #67
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like we might lose Davaris Daniels for more than a game due to injury. He left the game after that spectacular catch in the middle of the field. Marquay McDaniel and Jamar Wall got nicked too but it doesn't look like they will miss a game.

Sucks that we are having some injury problems right now but I would rather have them happening early in the season than late. DB Brandon Smith, DE Cordarro Law, OL Pierre Lavertu and Roman Grozsman are on 6-games injury list. LB Deron Mayo is still not ready to go back yet and RB Anthony Woodson is also banged up. DB Tommie Campbell will be back next game. He is not injured though.

As for the game. Stamps were lucky to get the tie on this game. Not sure if it was because they were rusty, not having to play for 15 days in between. Receivers are out of sync. How many times do you normally see Marquay McDaniel drop an easy pass before? A few probably. Kamer Jordan was so-so and seems like having fumbleitis problem. He fumbled the ball at the end zone and recovered by a Redblack player and went all the way. Luckily Jordan slightly went over the goal line before he dropped the ball. The second fumble he also got lucky. I can't really tell from the replay if his left knee went down first before he fumbled the ball but it was ruled not a fumble after the replay. Stamps went on to tie the game after a few plays. As they proved last season, injury on the OLine doesn't handcuffed the group. They did a good job in protecting Mitchell all night.
On defense, we were terrible stopping the run and had a bit of a tough time against pass defense. Defensive Line was a okay I guess.
Special team did okay. They had some good returns and they prevented Ottawa returner gaining lots of yardages on their return. Maver was good but Paredes missed an opportunity to win the game for us. I hope this is the only miss he makes the whole season. He started slow last season too.

On to the next game in Calgary between the two same teams.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OzSome For This Useful Post: