View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 01:48 PM   #217
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pulled the trigger on my new build.

Did the H440 Case matte black windowed case

with an internal LED light setup that has software to adjust the colouring. I would have went with the physical controls but the case I went with has no ODD bays. Easy trade off for me to make.

This case has built in sound dampening on all panels except the window pane of course. I prob spent 2 or 3 days looking at just cases, just because I was so overwhelmed with the incredible volume of choice.

I spent a little extra on a PS that won't actually need a fan at most uses, and when it does need to go up the dB should remain around 14-18 dB which is whisper quiet.

ROG MAXIMUS VIII asus motherboard

The benefits of this board are the amazing sound card onboard, and, the ease of overclocking. There's prob a very minor bump to actual performance but it exists and this board was on sale. First premium board I've ever splurged on.

i7 6700k CPU

Was between this and the i5 6600k. In the end I didn't want to have to upgrade again in 3 years, maybe 5 or so. I feel like this will do that for me.

16 Gigs of Gskill tridentz ram @3200

I spent a bit of time researching this too, as I had no idea about memory really. The consensus from online seemed to be
that this series of ram was superiour to the one I was considering, corsais dominator platinum.

I almost went with a different brand which has LED's on them but decided that function came first.

asus nvidia 1060 6 GB ram overclocked

Keeping it ASUS... reliable and this card is exactly what I want. I wasn't going to spend 600 or so on a card for 4k gaming I don't do. This was the logical choice.

SSD drive will be the Samsung 850 EVO. Reviews have been just glowing about this drive, and the 250 gig space gives me a little extra space I didn't have on my previous 180.

Backup drive will be a WD 3 TB Blue drive.

I'm very pleased with this build, just grinning ear to ear until I pick it up. The only part that I feel like I cheaped out on was the 1060, but I only game on my tv so 1080p gaming just doesn't need the 1070 or 1080.

Last edited by White Out 403; 12-27-2016 at 01:51 PM.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post: