View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 02:53 PM   #510
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
I hate to say it but I’m struggling to make the jump to ETFs. I find it intimidating and potentially time consuming when I already have too much stuff/stress in life. So yeah I have far too much with funds but at least they’re some of the lowest MERs relative to top quarter returns overall. Any advice on how to initiate the jump to ETFs?

I recently did a retirement forecast and noted that going ETFs versus MERS (typically lower than 2%) is a huge drain and means I gotta work longer to save more. Of course the risk is poor management of my chosen ETFs. Sigh…
What do you mean by this? Switching to ETFs does not imply that your returns will be lower - just the opposite, they should be a little higher, due to the lower MERs.

Also choosing ETFs is not a difficult or burdensome venture, quite the opposite. One of the benefits of ETFs is that you know exactly what you're getting - a whole market equity fund means that you are buying the whole market. There are minor differences, but if you stick to larger ETFs with the lowest fees (such as Vanguard) it is pretty straight-forward.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote