View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 11:23 AM   #19
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
I'm jumping on the Gemstone Lights bandwagon today. I don't live in a large house (1300 square feet, two story). But obviously the smaller the house, the cheaper the install.

I'll be getting the 1st and 2nd storey done and the quote is just under $1800 including GST.

I was personally expecting it to cost $2500 or more, but after a neighbour got it done for about $1600 (with fewer lights due to the design of their home), I figured I'd ask for my own quote. I was kind of thinking that my wife would be my voice of reason and talk me out of it, but then she's like "so we can do orange and purple at Halloween!?!" and that was that. She loves Halloween.

And of course I can throw some red and white up on Canada Day, Flames colours on big game days, Norwich City (the tacky but fabulous yellow and green) if they get promoted again, etc. I'm not really interested in the moving and flashy options, but I do like the idea of changing up the static patterns for special occasions. And I can have a different Christmas pattern for every day of the week if I want to.

Frivolous, yes, but the thought of not having to get up on the ladder anymore is appealing as well.
Oh man, those are going to be so awesome. What a clean looking installation. Super jealous!!
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: