View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 06:38 PM   #27
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I hate the word generational now. It gets thrown around way to freely and without the accolades to back it up. We hear it overly much from our northern neighbours and it gets thrown around very freely. Vlad is not generational at this point. He’s had four seasons and two were bad and one was decent. He has had one great season and a lot of those stats last year were gained playing in minor league small parks. There are tons of players who most people have never heard of who put up better years than Vlads last year. You know who was generational? His dad but Vlad is not his dad. He doesn’t have a rocket arm or play the outfield and while he has the power and more plate discipline that’s it really.

I hope he bounces back next year but no he wasn’t even close to being one of the best hitters in the AL this year. Unless you’re excited to fall in the 20s. For a guy with his pedigree that’s a disappointment. Maybe it’s a good time to sign him to an extension and hope he bounces back. But if he doesn’t and that bat speed slips at all he could become mediocre very quickly. I’m actually very curious who is going to have a better career of him and Bo. Bo has his issues but he has more room to grow I think and has actually matched him to this date. Hopefully the Jays roll right on their extensions with these two.
Kasi is offline   Reply With Quote