View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #1021
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My somewhat educated guess is that all Netflix Canada accounts have a hidden instant queue. The feature is there, they just hide it from the interface.

I believe when Netflix was first released in Canada, all the clients (software on your TV, iPad, XBOX, phone, web interface) were a specific Canadian version, for which they didn't bother or didn't have time to add the instant queue function.

Some time later, they worked on consolidating the Canadian and US service. The content is now served up from a unified service (which supports Instant Queue), but unfortunately there are all these clients out there in Canada that don't have this feature. Since any kind of software update on some of these systems might be a big effort to coordinate with all the vendors, Netflix has opted to keep the Instant Queue feature turned off for Canadian users.

This all a complete guess, with very little source backing it up. If anyone knows differently, I would like to know where I might be wrong.

I have heard that a limited number of Canadian Netflix users have the Instant Queue feature. Not sure why it wouldn't just be an option to turn on.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote