View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 06:52 PM   #95
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
IIRC, Morrison was a fairly well thought of FA that a number of teams were hoping to land. I also seem to recall that when he went to Adirondack, he played very well in those 10 games, registering 2 goals and 6 assists. There was reason to get your hopes up, as he did have some rave reviews.

I find nothing wrong with people getting 'too high' on him. He was highly thought of for the most part, had a cannon of a shot, and did really well to start. I would be disappointed if people didn't get high on him - there was plenty of reason to do so. Just sometimes prospects don't take a step forward, or they regress, or whatever - it happens. That is why you have to find multiple prospects any which way you can to have multiple bullets in the chamber - eventually some of those bullets are going to fire off and start hitting their targets.
I was one of those that was really high on him because he looked similar to Brodie during that 10 game stretch. All over the place at both ends of the ice. Then when I saw him in person a couple months later, it did not even look like the same player at all. It happens. Development is not a linear process.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is online now   Reply With Quote