View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 12:06 AM   #108
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
CC, I'm not going to comment on the state of Star Trek as you wrote it, as I agree with most of it. However, I did notice a rather strong uptick in the quality of Enterprise season 4, after Manny Coto was brought in to try and right the sinking ship.

If Enterprise had made it 7 seasons (they even let Voyager get that far...), I actually believe that it could have redeemed itself.

The problem seems to be all with the people behind the curtain.
The best Enterprise Story Arc was the Mirror Universe story line. To me they got it right and it linked nicely to TOS Mirror Mirror.

The writing was strong, and all of the characters did a good job of it. Then they ended the series with three really bad episodes including the Series Finale which just leaves you with a bitter taste in your mouth as Fat Riker is really the main character and Troi mumbles about and talks about eating ice cream with Barkley.

I do agree that Enterprise did improve in the fourth season, but they could have done so much more with it.

I will give them credit for one of the greatest moments of unintended humor when the aliens gave the Klingons holo deck technology and one of the Klingon's shouts that he can see his house from here.

In terms of series.

TOS - I have a blind spot to the series, but the first two seasons would have been incredible TV at the time. The third season suffered from a loss of budget, but they still had some good episodes and some horrible ones including Spock becoming a freaking Space Hippy.

Deep Space 9 - I'm a fan of the darker universe in my science fiction and DS9 really checked a lot of boxes for me. They had a genuinely likable cast, and some great emotional moments. The Dominion War was really well done.

TNG - Ok, I'm going to take heat for putting it in third. But even though they had some really solid episodes. The whole preachy humanity really drove me crazy. Towards the end you saw the focus shift to Picard and Data and I think it lost its way. There was way to much science invention to solve their problems as well.

Enterprise - Yup, liked it better the Voyager. They had a chance to really key focus in on the Enterprise being low tech to every one else. Some of the acting and characters were really wooden and they knew it so they flashed a lot of T'Pol side boob.

Voyager - A train wreck from the start, that really upped the science the shyte out of solutions on the fly. Hopefully later they find out that exposure to inverse tachyon pulses cause cancer to the crew. The characters weren't that interesting at all. The Villains were never great except for the one where Red Forman called them dumba$$es and tried to erase them from time. They completely ruined the Borg.

Discovery - The first season was a train wreck, the characters unlikeable, the Villains stupid, and the whole thing was un even. The Klingon look was silly and they talked like a bad stereotype of 1960's style hollywood indians. The Mirror Universe story like was just stupid and Lorca's downfall was just dumb.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote