Thread: 2018 NFL thread
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #201
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I agree, but there were question marks about Wentz and Watson pre-draft too and teams still picked guys like Trubisky top 3. Teams are so QB-needy that I fully expect three QBs in the top 5 this year. To me it seems like an overrated group of QBs too and every single one of them has warts, but I'd be surprised if teams didn't draft them early nevertheless.

If the Giants don't like them, I'd certainly trade down though. Reaching for a guard would be worse than reaching for a quarterback.
Agreed but Nelson isn't a reach. Many believe he is atop 5 player in the draft...full stop.

Personally if Barkely is there...I take him in an instant. If they are going QB, then if its me I take Allen. If they do want Oline help its Nelson and on the D side of things one of Chubb or James. So at this point drafting beause of need is as good as drafting BPA.

Sure are a lot of layers to this thing though, no question. It all comes down to who the personnel guys like the best and where the coaching staff thinks the biggest needs are. With Shurmurs background along the Oline...it may very well be Nelson.