View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #309
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
How long do they wait? And more to the point, what do you pay him while you are waiting? That is really the crux of things here as he needs a new deal right now....it seems pretty straight forward to me, but i have no doubt the Bennett camp sees it much differently.

I think 2.5 X 2 is perfect and im not going any higher unless forced by an offer sheet.

That allows him time to break out into this unlikely 50 point guy so many believe he is, while not hurting the existing pay scale and also being an affordable piece to move should you deem him no longer part of the plan after this upcoming season.

They can wait as long as need be. End of the day, where Bennett plays on the depth chart isn't hurting them any. As it has been pointed out already. And if we are honest here Bennett has not really earned a raise beyond current market inflation. But I think 3 years is the minimum deal they have to get him signed to. And regardless of the yearly cap hit. If at any time they do get impatient and trade him, he will be a middle of the road asset to move. Ultimately it's up to Bennett to go out and break his glass ceiling, and I think he can, just going to take a little longer than usual.

I dont know I get the skepticism but he does a lot for this team and really comes alive in crunch time.

Either way, I figure Bennett is a Flame for a few years yet.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post: