View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 03:12 PM   #1175
Kerplunk
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So I used the international terminal this past few weeks, and thought I'd put some random ramblings about it up here.

New check-in area: large, clean, and new looking. Wasn't too many people there early in the morning, but seems like it can handle a good number of people.

Security: seemed about the same process as before, so can't really say anything good or bad. Looks like they still need to install some more equipment, as there was a large space for another scanner or two. Was fascinated by the bin return system.

Waiting area/food court: a couple of food options, which was ok. The others I was with seemed to like the breakfasts from a couple of the fast food joints. Didn't seem to be a whole lot of seating area though; there were not a lot of people around, but a good number of seats looked to be taken. Could have been more seats hidden around the shops that I didn't see, but that could indicate poor placement in the first place. Charging areas everywhere. The fact that there are no water fountains, even just by the washrooms, is a major downgrade. I tend to drink a lot of water, and while the sink is ok (just awkward when the cleaners are using it too), having multiple places to grab a drink would be nice.

Gate area: could probably use more seating. While I understand the call to gate idea, there was a large amount of people milling around waiting for the gates to finally start boarding. If they were all in the main area, I am not sure they would have found a seat there anyway. Probably didn't help that the gate in the same area was having technical issues.

Customs: once again, not a lot of people when we came back, but those that were there seemed to be processed pretty quickly. The number of automated terminals probably helped. Seemed a lot larger than the older area.

Overall, a decent upgrade over what was there before, in terms of processing capacity and function.
Kerplunk is offline   Reply With Quote