View Single Post
Old 03-22-2022, 08:14 PM   #996
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
I feel like I do very well in interviews, been offered every job I've interviewed for. Now I have some virtual interviews coming up, with which my confidence is much lower. I can't read the room, can pickup on body language etc. Wish me luck.

Also, I ####ed up on the pre-interview question with one...undercut my salary expectation by about 5% for the actual role. Rookie.
I found virtual interviews great as I could have notes available. I used the built in MS postit app and had my opening, all my example stories, reminders for anything technical, how to answer the money question or similar, and a list of questions I have for them. This was just enough for me to cue from but not read word for word so it was obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudr248 View Post
Anyone do follow up 'thank you' email's anymore for positions they really want? Is that still a thing?
You’ve got the answers already but I’d say it’s a differentiator. It also gives you a chance to drive home your strengths and why you are the right fit.

Last year when I was searching for my next gig I found this guy’s YouTube channel. I found many of his videos useful.

https://youtube.com/c/TheCompaniesExpert

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote