photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteowl View Post
Do I need to change anything on my web browser? I can still use this:

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/

Right? Thanks.
Yup the URL won't change, it'll automatically point to the new server. Once I change it to point to the new server you should see the change within a few hours but it can take up to a day. There'll be a note on the old server to indicate that you're still looking at the old server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
Ever consider moving to AWS? I’ve helped move several large vbulletin forums including my own to AWS, you pay for you use, and during peak times it can scale as much as you want. Much more effective since this forum has huge peaks and valleys in usage.
I remember looking at AWS a long time ago for a CP server move, and for the amount of traffic it looked pretty expensive, mind you the cost of things has come down a lot since back then (for conventional hosting too, I mean I was finding VPS hosting for less than $60 a month for 6+ vCPU and 16+GB of RAM running on SSDs).

And I never really thought about the scaling part but that's a good point. I might send you a PM to get more details on what the costs are, might be something to do in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: