View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 01:34 PM   #31
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Rules are pretty clear on this and a similar league tried to start up in Calgary IIRC and they backed down on the games part if memory serves (I think the kids still practice during the winter). I'm fine with this ruling, the parents knew what the repercussions were and choose to put their kid in the league anyway. I feel bad for the kid but the family really has no one to blame but themselves. The spring leagues, and these same leagues moving into winter do indeed threaten the development model put forward by Hockey Canada and implemented by the provincial hockey authorities on their behalf. These leagues were/are threatening to undermine much of what has been done. I don't have a problem putting your kid in them if that is your choice, but there is no way Hockey Alberta (or BC, Manitoba, etc.) can sanction them and still follow through on their model for development. So choose one of the other, you cannot have both as a parent/player.
To be clear I am no advocate of Spring hockey. I dislike the current set up of it and believe it should be under Hockey Alberta.

That being said, he isn't playing in another league he is playing on a tournament team. The website decribes the league as:

Quote:
League Format
League games will take place in a Showcase format, meaning that each of the teams will play four games over the course of a weekend at least once a month.
Is it the practicing that is the issue?

Is it the playing in the tournament that is the issue?

Or is it that a minor hockey alternative it creeping into Hockey Alberta's pocket.

I would be floored if this was the only kids that was doing both.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote