View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 04:06 PM   #38
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaPancakes View Post
I switched from Telus 50 to Shaw 150 and while Shaw is obviously faster for downloading big files, I found Telus was much more reliable for streaming services, especially during peak times.
I pretty much found the same. I switched over the Shaw 150 last year. The speeds are great. But during peak periods, the slowdown is very noticeable. With Telus I had 35. Now maybe it's because 35 was slow already that I didn't really notice a slowdown. But I guess when your spoiled with fast rich-man internet, it becomes more noticeable

Also if you're a big torrenter, Telus sends you DMCA notifications every day pretty much. I don't believe Shaw even sends them out.

At this point I choose Shaw because I can get the 150 Mbps speed. Even if I had access to 150 with both companies, I wouldn't see much of a difference in selecting one over the other. Customer service is pretty much hit and miss for both (and pretty much all service companies). Some days you get good reps. Some days you get the guy who's overworked.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote