View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 06:29 AM   #199
Deviaant
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
As I understand it, the problem with needle disposal boxes is that you either put in low volume ones, which require a lot of attention to maintain (nearly daily) or you put in large volume ones, which are almost constantly broken into/damaged from junkies trying to get at the needles inside. Either way, it's a lot of money thrown at the problem.
I would imagine the clean up costs and whatnot are also fairly expensive as well. I am curious what the numbers are on both sides so we could make an informed decision.

I do believe at the very least we should have bio disposal boxes outside of shelters and other known high drug use areas. I think it would go a long way to getting rid of some of that dangerous bio waste. I know there are plenty of social agencies that work with the folks on the street and I am sure if the city gave them the proper ppe to maintain a few bio boxes they would be more than happy to do that. Hell how many staff does the Drop-In employ? I'm sure they would gladly donate a couple staff and equipment to emptying those boxes of the city would put them back up.

I have always wondered why we don't just make our homeless shelters safe injection sites. They have the staff, they have the funding and the desire to do it. Let them. How many people do they save weekly from drug overdoses and bad drugs.

I do absolutely agree the way they have rolled out the safe injection sites are laughable. However I also believe they are vital and we need to find a way to make it work.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Deviaant is offline   Reply With Quote