View Single Post
Old 04-04-2024, 07:14 AM   #138
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

As I watched Q lose his mind over the fact that Moriah was an Aubry fan, I couldn’t help but wonder: What are you supposed to say when someone asks you who your favorite Survivor players are — a subject that always comes up on the island? If you can’t say Aubry, who can you say?

Either way, Mo is now no mo. Which is a shame. I was a fan as soon as she listed off the most incredible package of pet peeves I had ever heard in my entire life.

Of course, nobody gets an automatic fast pass to the merge in the new era. Instead, you have to earn it by winning a challenge or managing to not get voted out. For all of our bitching and complaining about the Hourglass twist, which, thankfully, went the way of the Medallion of Power and will go down as the worst wrinkle in Survivor history, I always liked the rest of the basic structure of the “earn the merge” rethink.

Once again, teams had to pick rocks to randomly separate into two teams of six and the odd person left out would essentially bet on the team to win and enjoy/suffer the same fate they did. The challenge itself was physical stage after physical stage after physical stage, ending in a classic Survivor dragon puzzle.

Venus also got super aggressive trying to move the vote from Mo over to Charlie even when she was told that her head was also pretty firmly on the block. She’s actually probably right that Charlie was the far more strategic play, but Venus didn’t read the proverbial room well in terms of how vociferous she was in pushing for Swiftie No. 1.

Q got so frustrated with her trying to move the vote that he openly declared war on the Great White North, essentially spitting in their collective poutine while opining: “If you want to be ungrateful, I’ll send your ass back to Canada.” Not cool, eh?

But since Flock of Siga ultimately went along with tossing Moriah overboard, does that mean Nami is now prepared to jettison Venus in return? Even if it turns out that way, the impending double elimination means someone else will be getting their torch snuffed as well. So much snuffing to be done!

https://ew.com/survivor-46-recap-epi...moriah-8624095

1. EldrickOnIce - Jemila / Bhanu
2. csnarpy -Jessica / Randen
3. trackercowe -Venus / Liz
4. Cheese - Kenzie / Ben
5. WhiteTiger - Moriah / Q
6. GreenLantern - Tim / Tevin
7. ChuckieNZ - Tiffany / Maria
8. Fuzz - Q / Moriah
9. dino7c - Liz / David
10. mikephoen - Hunter / Jemila
11. jg13 - Randen / Jessica