View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 07:05 PM   #386
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Considering Kawhi already passed on the supermax by forcing out of San Antonio, I don't think the extra year means anything to him. And especially not in today's superteam league where guys want opt outs.

Did he pass on the supermax by doing that? I could be wrong about this but I believe he only let the full duration of his contract run out by playing out his last season (with the Raptors). He'll still get his supermax if he stays with the Raps, no? Anyway, I think this guy is a little different than most - he knows the value of a dollar. He apparently is frugal enough where he drives a 20 year old car, so I don't think giving up $30 million is going to be in the cards. I'm sure though that he has a preference in LA with the Clippers, so I do wonder where it'll come to a head - I tend to think he'll go with the money where after two seasons of future team mediocrity he may ask to be dealt. The reports are that he values winning so who knows what's going on, but the bottom line is he won't be able to give up a boatload of money with a decent Raptors team currently.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote