View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 12:48 PM   #41
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
I don't understand this problem, and I mean that sincerely I don't get why people see this as a problem.

We play those teams anyway. Of we play those games on one week, then we don't play them any other weeks. How is it worse if they're back to back?

It likely adds some extra emotion to the latter game, because the players will care more about not losing to the same team twice in a row.

I think it would also add some novelty value, if every team only comes to visit once a year, the only difference being how many games they stay.

Just imagine how heated games against Edmonton would become, if instead of four individual games you'd just have two two-game matchups, once in Edmonton and once in Calgary. Those trips would really become the highlight of the regular season without the actual number of games dropping. I'm pretty sure players and fans would be a lot more aware of the situation in the season series than they are now.

At least the way I see it, it would be slot more memorable to win two games in a row, than win one game now and one game two months from now.

At least to me that would be simply better.
if you are a season ticket holder going to watch the same teams play multiple games in the span of a few days sucks, especially if its watching ottawa 2 or three times in the dead of winter

not sure why having back to back games are any more 'intense' because there's nothing on the line unlike the playoffs where its win and advance? at the end of the day, there is still a 'season series' whether those games are bunched or not.

they do it in baseball because teams in their own division play each other 19 times in a year... it makes no sense with that schedule to do a one and done travel trip.... as well as squeezing in rest days between travel... suddenly the MLB season would stretch out to 8 months from its current 6 month schedule
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote