View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 12:30 PM   #42
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well for some reason I had it in my head that you were a forward? I have no idea why.

I jut feel like we're going to go in circles here though. I don't mean that rucking has zero skill involved, I'm talking about the play leading into the ruck though. I'm sorry but being there in support for your teammate with the ball and binding to him isn't any more skilful than arriving a couple seconds after he's gone into contact. I know this is going to get bogged down in semantics, but the reality is that we aren't talking about who is better at rucking. I'm talking about this from a positional standpoint and not every team needs Richie McCaw to win their own ball back quickly and effectively.

Secondly, I'm not saying that every player should play 7's and 15's. Just that the skillset for 7's leads me (amongst many others) to that think that these players ought to be deft runners and ball-handlers. I mean sure, maybe they should split the programs...great. That's not what my point is though. My point is they already have all these 7's players (who do quite well in 7's), so focus on their strengths. I don't even see how that is questionable...its like letting Gaudreau play his style of game and not asking him to play the 4th line and try to impose himself physically.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote