View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 08:23 AM   #256
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

I turned 40 back in January and I'm also in the best shape I've ever been in. I'm lucky in that I've never had an issue with my weight, but that meant I never prioritized working out or exercising. So over the last few years I had been struggling with injuries like a blown out back, ankle sprains and knee issues.

Last year after I blew out my back I made an effort to start going to hot, active yoga at least twice a week and man did that ever make a difference. When I started, my max heart rate would be around 170 bpm and it's been really interesting experiencing my endurance climb while my heart rate is steadily dropping. During a really hard class I usually never get above 150 now and that's incredible for me.

Women lose bone density a lot faster than men as we age, so I'm also working on building myself a strength training routine a couple times a week. Nothing crazy, just a few different weighted dumbbells' and resistance bands. Similarly with yoga, I can tangibly feel myself getting stronger. It makes getting older a little less scary
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote