View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #83
Flamesoholic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
I was kind of suprised by this as well but it didn't seem to cause her game any permanent damage. She survived the eviction vote.

In the same breath, it was VERY dumb of her to talk out loud. Why, in the BB household, would you do that?
I think it was because in the American BB the conversations with Julie Chen in the HOH room are always confidential (at least from the other houseguests). This was the first time that a conversation between the host and the HOH was broadcast to the other houseguests. Topaz had no reason at that time to believe they would show her talking to herself to the other guests.
That host chick (who is absolutely brutal if you ask me) was also asking Topaz what she was thinking and so was leading Topaz to explain her thought processes out loud for everyone downstairs to hear. Sure she didn't need to talk to herself as much as she did, but she really had no reason to think that the other guests were listening.

Now I know there's not a lot of integrity in shows like this, but this move really bugged me. As a viewer I know production leads the show down paths they want it to take for the best stories, but this crossed the line in my opinion. I really don't think the US version would ever do this to their guests. This is way too much production interference for my tastes.