View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 03:16 PM   #3668
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krovikan View Post
I think it's best to take a long term right now, set a budget and slowly invest in companies you like and expect to lose money tomorrow but win in the run.

The water level in the ocean is retreating no use trying to time the low point.
Hard to disagree. I think with any of it it’s not to get the timing perfect, but rather, good enough. The way I see it though, is the markets haven’t fully accepted the full brunt of interest take hikes. A recession is more or less a certainty. It’s a question of how bad will it be and how much will rates rise to mitigate the impact of a recession. Things seem to change monthly where the key rate a year from now can be 3%. Three months back the high was 2%.

All this means for me is personally holding off purchasing more until at least July/August. I put in quite a bit on a slight banking dip in March and regret it completely as I’m down 10% on that. Plus what I had in before. If by some stretch I need that money then I’d lose. So timing it a bit is certainly important as you don’t want to buy when there’s still solid downside. At least in my view.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post: