Thread: [PGT] Flames 3 Yotes 2
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 09:48 AM   #126
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
From what I remember the year with Johnson he eventually cooled off which gave Elliott a chance to get it back and he went on a bit of a heater himself and looked like the goalie we thought the Flames were getting before falling back down again at the end of the season and playoffs.

Then I think it was the year the Flames finished first in the West where Rittich was good until the stick toss against Edmonton and Smith got the net back.

I hope Vladar plays this well for as long as possible but I'm expecting him to eventually cool down too and I highly doubt Markstrom is going to have confidence issues all season. Eventually he's going to get the net back.
I really don't see Vladar "cooling down" as he's really not doing anything special. He faced what? 18 shots last night? Don't get me wrong, he's stopping the majority of the shots he needs to, but it's certainly not like he's standing on his head or the reason the team in winning games. If Markstrom let in either of the goals Vladar did last night, I'm sure people would be calling for his head again too.

Markstrom will eventually come around and get away from the weird mistakes that were plaguing him, but even at that we are probably looking at something closer to a 55-45% split the rest of the way this year. This is a good thing as it gives the Flames a lot to work with going into the post season and down the stretch without a overworked goalie on either side of the coin.