View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 08:37 AM   #452
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoller View Post
Canada will be one of the few countries that benefits from climate change. We'll get a longer growing season and more arable farm land.

Water will become a very profitable commodity. Unfortunately that will require new pipelines to be built which might limit our ability to capitalize on this valuable resource. However, if we are able to build the needed infrastructure we are in a unique position to capitalize on the unquenchable thirst of the world.

Climate refugees will unfortunately become a world wide epidemic. Canada will be one of the most attractive destinations. More people = larger economy right?

All in all Canada is a pretty great place to be in a warmer world. Personally I don't think we should be fighting against it so hard. We definitely shouldn't be a "world leader" in the fight against climate change when we're one of the countries that will benefit the most. Why does this country fight against it's own interests? Canada shouldn't be making itself less competitive on the world stage with increased regulatory hurdles. We definitely shouldn't be making the lives of Canadians more expensive with increased taxes.

That's just like, my opinion man
Question. What happens as the globe warms and the permafrost melts? It's one of the greatest stores of carbon on the planet, and that carbon is going to be released into the atmosphere. The gas released will increase the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere, outstripping what the small plant life will consume and convert to oxygen. The erosion and land mass from the melting around rivers will filter into the oceans and speed up the acidification of those oceans, doing further damage to a major source of food and the big consumer/capture of carbon.

I know that having a warmer climate is appealing to cold Canadians, but understand the environment you live in and the impacts of that change in climate. I would think the air quality Albertans are suffering through would be a learning opportunity of what climate change can do. Maybe I give people way too much credit. That's just like my opinion, man.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote