View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #42
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Either that or you've been turned into a violent psychopath (if you weren't one already) and then released upon society.

I'd rather see our prisoners in forced manual labour/education programs than punished just for the sake of it. I'm a huge proponent of rehabilitating prisoners. Obviously, some are just psychos and beyond help. Others come from bad backgrounds and both society and the prisoner will be better off if they gain employment and education skills while in prison.

The idea of guards allowing prisoners to participate in violence and crime while in prison is distasteful in every way.

I don't have an argument with you on the whole hard labor rehab route, I've said it a few times in the past and I believe even in this thread. You can try to save first time offenders with education, but there has to be a punishment removal of rights aspect to it. I firmly believe that there has to be a scare element to criminal rehabilitation.

For sex offenders, and violent offenders (especially multiple times) I think there has to be a whole other system of punishement. This particular class of criminals don't seem to be fixable.

I would be all for a work prison system where Prisoners earn their keep doing jobs that other people might not or won't do. Scrubbing camp toilets in Banff, building roads in the arctic. Cleaning up the streets while wearing bright orange coveralls for light offenders. Great I'm fine with that.

No T.V, no gyms no golf courses, porridge three times a day.

Prisoners should realize that their crime has consequences, beyond going to a place where they have a comfy bed, three good meals a day, time to work out and watch T.V., the ability to still vote.

For multiple offenders put them up in the arctic and air drop supplies, no need for guards or administrative staff, if you want to go back to society enjoy a 500 mile walk through the blistering cold.

For the special prisoners like Olson and Pikton and the others that I've mentioned before. Death penalty.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote