View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 04:35 PM   #26
missdpuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
Yes.

Astigmatism is interesting in that it does not follow the general rules like Myopia or Hyperopia do. Generally, kids are born with Astigmatism that goes away as they approach grade school. Some forms are genetic in nature and others are structural in nature.

As we age astigmatism tends to change with only a few general rules. It generally goes from an Horizontal Axis to a Vertical Axis (the last number on your prescription is your axis of astigmatism).

Over 50 Astigmatism can improve and even disappear as the lens starts to thicken. However, it can get worse too.

Not sure if you have Astigmatism? What do headlights at night look like to you? The first picture below is normal vision (or corrected Astigmatism) while the second image is uncorrected astigmatism.

I have just enough astigmatism to make contacts a pain lol. I feel I have to blink to get them into the right spot.

If I take my glasses off it’s definitely not as bad as the second picture. That picture does look similar to what I get if my contacts are in the wrong spot, although that’s not as bad either. I just hate having that added halo
or whatever it is with the contacts. My scrip has 170 for both eyes. Iirc my opt thought the astigmatism in my left eye had almost disappeared, but that was wrong.

Last edited by missdpuck; 07-06-2020 at 04:48 PM.
missdpuck is offline   Reply With Quote