View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 04:42 PM   #316
shane_c
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Icon36

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_c View Post
I have a Samsung J3 Prime and about 2 months ago it did a system update for the Samsung Experience 9.5. Since the update my battery life is miserable. It's okay for a while but then goes into a freefall and I can literally watch the battery percentage counting down. It just went from 65% down to 28% in the last 5 minutes. It has stayed at 28% for the last several minutes. The freefall can happen at anytime and sometimes has gone right down to 2%.

If I check my apps they aren't using the power. I am questioning if it's actually at 28% right now or it just can't count anymore. If I plug it back in the battery percentage will jump a lot quicker than it used to.

I've tried clearing the cache partition several times but it hasn't helped. It looks like Samsung Experience 10 might be out now but hasn't been pushed through to my phone yet. Is there a way to download it somewhere and force the update?

Last resort is a full system reset but I'm trying to avoid that because I'll loose a lot of stuff.

Update: it was 28% when I turned it off last night and 40% when I turned it on this morning, only to fall to 16% in about a minute. It's now been at 16% for the last 1/2 hr.
Just thought I'd give an update on my garbage phone. I did a factory reset and it made no difference to the very erratic battery usage. The phone did some sort of security update a month or two ago and I was hopeful it would fix things but it didn't. So I did a battery recalibration (let it drain to 0 and turn itself off and then charge to 100 without touching anything). Not surprisingly it made no difference. So I bought a new battery and it didn't make any difference either.

I'm pretty fed up with Androids. I believe this is my 4th and they have all had issues. Next time around I might try my luck with a used, unlocked iPhone 6 or 7.

shane_c is offline   Reply With Quote