View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 12:09 PM   #1697
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
I've been close to buying Stardew in the past, but something about just seems so...I don't know, boring? I've never played a game in that genre before, but I constantly see it ranked as one of the greats from this generation. Can you provide a little more context on what makes it so good?
I haven't played Stardew Valley yet but I've played Harvest Moon 64 and Rune Factory 2 and I enjoyed them. It's hard to really sell someone on a "real life simulator" so to speak, because "why wouldn't I just live real life" is the obvious rebuttal. But it's fun to go around in a fictional setting like these games, make relationships, build routines, participate in the various events that pop up on the calendar.

The seasons pass by and you move on to the crops and activities of each individual season, and next thing you know if in-game "years" have passed by and your character is suddenly married with children and a nice house. But that's really just ten or fifteen hours of game time.

It's fun enough that at least once, a game in the genre is worth playing.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 03-29-2019 at 12:14 PM.
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post:
bax