View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 02:10 PM   #25
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
So, roughly $900-1000, opposed to $359 just to save yourself from power cycling, maybe? I haven't touched mine in months, talk about first world problems. I do everything over IP, my internet connection is the most used utility in my house, and I have nothing to complain about, especially to spend 2.5x ("not much more") the price on something for the same coverage. I can cover twice the size of my house, and expand at will.
About $900 for everything I picked up, but that meant I didn't have to spend $500 for a new router PLUS spend additional money on a wired extender, or buy a $500 mesh system that still risked having the same problems as my previous setup. A wireless backhaul is still going to suffer the interference issues I had. Wired was the way to go.

Yeah, I spent double what a consumer solution would have cost, but it has been rock solid, the spouse acceptance factor is really high, and I get to have fun with enterprise-grade network gear in my house. I'm pretty happy with the purchase.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote