View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #51
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Wookster,

It is likely 1 of 3 things......1/ blockage within the vent itself ....see if you can run a vacuum house down it to retrieve any type of blockage within the first 3 feet .

2/ Closed damper downstairs by the furnace...check and see if any or all accessible dampers are open ....if any are closed ...open them.

3/ if you are using a pleated filter you have likely killed 25 to 40% of your airflow coming from the furnace..this is especially true of 3M filters. These filters are raising your utility bills by 30% GUARANTEED..... it takes twice as long to heat ANY home using pleated filters this raising your GAS and ELECTRIC bills.

Check these things and if none of these steps improve the situation then I can come and investigate further .

1 other thing...who was your builder???...this will help me immensely because with this information I can tell you without a doubt whether you need a cleaning and inspection.
A good builder would have had the furnace and ducts cleaned pre occupancy for you and would have used a reputable furnace company. One word of caution however...all cleaning companies ARE NOT the same ...if you want it done right you need me and me only.

Keith
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote