View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 09:32 AM   #2005
b1crunch
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
No, I don’t agree. Though I do think the reason politicians make hay opposing ‘woke’ attitudes is because they’re genuinely unpopular and so it’s an easy win.
So I said this many posts back in this same thread, but that's where PP (and other politicians) lose me. When they decided to win political points at all costs, and actively hurt/degrade the political climate of this country.

It tells me, PP is willing to say and do some pretty unbecoming things in order to win. That's not generally someone I'd vote for, let alone spend time talking to in my everyday life. It's a very unlikable human quality, yet we seem to elevate people to positions of authority that excel at it.

Regardless, the term 'woke' in ridiculous. I've never met anyone in my own life that used the term in a positive way. For instance, no one has ever said "I'm woke" as if that's a positive, like "I'm honest". I've only ever heard it by people referring to others in a negative/demeaning way.

You yourself used is both as a synonym for progressive and illiberal. Hell, those two words mean massively different things, and highlight that woke is a ridiculous term to try to capture someone's actual political beliefs.
b1crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b1crunch For This Useful Post: