Thread: Hot Sauces
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 05:30 PM   #25
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Ahhh...so they don't do them in order of hotness. I tried "Da Bomb" by dipping a chip into it. It was ridiculously painful. I always wondered how they managed to keep going hotter after that.
They do it in order of Scoville Units, so the two after Da Bomb are technically hotter. The issue with Da Bomb though is that it's capsica extract, not just straight pepper mash, so it hits you full force immediately with no build up and without any pleasant pepper taste to accompany. If you look at first few seasons of Hot Ones the last two hot sauces are Mad Dog 357 and Blair's Mega Death, both also capsica extract and hit just as hard if not harder than da bomb (they just taste slightly better). I was able to eat a plate of ribs coated in Mad Dog 357, but my mouth went numb and the next morning was the worst ring of fire I've ever had in my life. I've got a bottle of both Hellfire and Last Dab in my fridge and while very hot, I don't have any lasting issues eating those. Capsica extract sauces are just pain in a bottle
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post: