View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 01:20 PM   #52
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I finally caught the first two episodes and I couldn't stop smiling. I've always known that Seth was a deeply devoted fan who was capable of more than the superficial humor that appeared in his animated shows. Amidst the toilet humor, he's shown glimpses of the drama and heart in his productions which are shining through in this.

He has really created something better than any Star Trek we've had for the last 20 years and I find myself worrying about the survival of a TV show for the first time in a decade.

There's so much devotion and heart that's gone into this, from the orchestral score with the 75 piece band to the scale model ship miniatures used when CGI isn't needed...this show is simply amazing. Seth has said in interviews that he misses the optimistic future of old TV rather than the dreary, gritty stuff we see every day and until now, I never realized how much I missed it as well.

Yes, the humor falls flat a lot of the time but if you grew up watching TOS, TNG, etc. and want to feel those feelings again; ignore the critics. This show is the best TV I've seen in decades.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 09-20-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post: