View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 02:59 PM   #106
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
Companies go where they can make money. When you start kicking an industry while it is being decimated by outside forces don't be surprised if they take their investment dollars and go somewhere else. It's not like we have oil that is cheap to produce or refine, we were probably already one of the highest cost places in the world to produce (I'm sure someone has that info here). You asked people to give you reasons why the NDP are an economic disaster, then when people start listing reasons you add them to your list with your own dismissive remarks and then wonder why people don't want to talk to you.
Well, based on the NDP hate on here I expected a long list of evil economic changes. So far all we got is a big bunch of nothing other than fear driven assumptions.
Our corporate taxes are competitive....the old 10% tax would not stop companies from withdrawing investments in O&G. I believe that the super low oil prices is the culprit, not a tax increase. And besides, who left and where did they go? It's not like oil is everywhere...

So again, is there anything else? Because this is not that strong of an argument that the NDP has done serious damage here. They might in time, but I really think that the general whining is pre-mature and unsubstantiated.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote