View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 08:18 AM   #57
N26
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N26 View Post
I have some of this malaise as well.

I, as always, found the last month of the off-season excruciatingly long and could not wait for hockey to begin again.

The back-to-back opening losses to the Oilers hurt. It was just 2 games but I saw so much that said to me that this team was nowhere near as good as I thought. Many other games since have confirmed these fears. They look like a bad team to me who don't have what it takes. So many errors, and so often the effort is poor and the execution is worse.

I can feel the losses coming. I knew it before Benn scored the 3-2 goal last night and once he did I knew it was done. I'm in the eastern time zone and these games are late for me especially as i usually get up around 5.30am. I turned it off right after the goal completely expecting a 4-2 loss with an ENG and there it was when I checked this morning.

They will always be my team and I will continue to be the only person in the Bahamas with a flames hat and an Iginla t-shirt (I assume) but I am pretty frustrated and disappointed right now. Since the first 2 the only game I have watched in its entirety is the first Chicago game.

I still want to believe and get excited again but I'm finding it hard right now. Especially with the Oilers' success. That makes it worse.
Nevermind. I just heard about Leonard Cohen and now I'm really depressed.

"There's a crack in everything,
That's where the light gets in."
N26 is offline   Reply With Quote