View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 12:06 PM   #317
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamca View Post
Taking my family and 2 friends to the game tonight. There will be 6 of us in the Heat attack zone (2X) off the faceoff circles in row 5 wearing our Flames gear.

Definitely would like to see a win, but looking forward to seeing some of the development of some players that I have never seen play in person before.

Saw Valimaki and Dube in Denver earlier this season with the OT Johnny goal right in front of us. This was the now famous or infamous Rittich early celebration goal... great time and great game that night.

I think those are the only players from tonight's lineup that we have seen in person before.

The Budweiser Events center is technically located in Loveland Colorado, however Fort Collins and Loveland are separated by streets in certain areas. The arena which seats 5280 is about 7.7 miles from our home in Fort Collins...been there many times.

Last game we were there was January 11th for a game against the Bakersfield Condors (Coilers affiliate) and our daughter and her choir sang the National Anthem. They were awesome! Btw, the Eagles won 6-3.

Incidentally, the Colorado Eagles ownership is pushing hard for a new arena now that they are part of the AHL. Sadly, they will probably get their new barn before Calgary gets started on their new events center
A new arena in Loveland? Or would they be open to moving to a different county if someone chips in for an arena?
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote