Thread: Stranger Things
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 11:43 AM   #277
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional_Ale View Post
So I wasn't on the bandwagon at all, then in the last week binged all three seasons of the show. I thought season two was the best of all of them, but that being said I found the show boring, predictable, full of terrible cliches, and the writing had plot holes so big you could sail a battleship right through them. The only reason I watched the third season was more out of some kind of OCD where I felt the need to finish it rather than it was holding my interest. I really do not understand the love for this show in the slightest.
Really? It's a highly enjoyable series that both kids and adults can enjoy, and it successfully combines sci-fi, horror, comedy, and Spielberg-style adventure with likeable characters and a fun, engaging story. Not to mention it hits all the right nostalgia buttons for people who grew up in the 80s. Seriously, what's not to like?

Not every show has to be Breaking Bad or True Detective. Sometimes people just want to escape all the horrible s**t going on in the world, and this is the kind of show that helps fill that need.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post: