Old 04-03-2024, 10:06 AM   #45
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Oh, like the PAD payments?

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-age...zed-debit.html

The issue is that the CRA has changed a bunch of the old system in the last few years. The method you used before for Corp PAD might have been sealed off in the last 6 months or so. You may have to set up My Business to amend it. I think in general now, you can't authorize a rep for online access on a business account without authorizing it from the my business portal. Offline, sure. But I think CRA is forcing set ups of My Business accounts for T2.

The bank not having a clue is odd. Maybe ask for someone else who might know the answer. Still though, I'd recommend setting up the MYCRA account for your mom regardless of whether you use the portal to solve her remittances situation.
I dont find it odd at all, first of all my opinion of most Banks couldnt get any lower, but further, CRA has been changing their standard practices every 6 months and not telling anyone.

The Bank being in the dark is entirely in line with the way CRA operates.

Because you're right, they're trying to force people to go online, but its so short-sighted. You've got people who have been retired or running businesses for ages who dont know how to do this.

And then people get confused and who do they call?? The Ghostbusters!! But then me. Because theres no point calling CRA, even if they answer the phone they have no clue. They'll tell you whatever it takes to get you off the phone.

So CRA change policies and practices with no notice or explanation...yeah, even as someone who abhors Banks, it makes perfect sense that they're all shoulders, and its not their fault.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: