View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 09:54 AM   #1327
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its a pretty interesting theory but personally I hope not.

I've heard theories that Rey is also a reincarnated Anakin
the daughter of Luke
The hidden daughter of Han and Leia
another spontaneous birth by the force.

I personally hope that she's none of the above, and Kylo's almost obsessive behavior around her is based on knowing her at the academy and her being the only one to befriend a lonely Ben Solo.

As for the other things.

She's untrained, so she's a lot like Anakin was when he was a kid, controlled by his emotions, and balancing between the Light and the Dark Side. Because she's probably never been fully trained, when she faced the guy who killed Han Solo, really the only man that had shown kindness to her she would seek vengeance and teeter on the dark side.

If you look at Anakin when he fought Dooku in revenge of the Sith, at the start of the fight he fought a different style. at about 2 minutes into the below video, when Dooku confronted Anakin with his anger and hatred and encouraged him to use it, it was almost like Anakin suddenly got permission to use his emotions and his style became heavier and more punative.

When she was pacing after striking down Ren like a predator savoring its prey she was almost Anakin like, we saw that in ROTS when Obi-Wan and Anakin were talking pre duel and Anakin was pacing like a predator. We could also argue that Rey is related to Darth Maul who paced like that as well.

I tend to think that its key that the Lucas Film creative director said that we hadn't met Rey's parents in Episode 7. That to me is interesting because the actual Star Wars movies are fairly lacking in terms of stable relationships. So I can't see us suddenly getting introduced to Palpatine and his main squeeze in the next movie cooing over a force strong grand baby.

On top of that, it would make no sense to have Rey as Palpatines grand daughter, because then he would have never ordered Vader to bring him Luke, he would have had him executed on the spot as a rival to his force strong son or daughter. Plus Palpatine if he was living by the rule of two would have perceived Vader as a threat and killed him long ago as his son or daughter showed Force Potential.

Personally as much as the argument is about the Skywalker history, or even just Anakin Skywalker, you could argue that Star Wars is about the live and adventures of R2 D2 and C3PO.

I think the theory is a stretch, and I keep hoping that Rey is just an incredibly force strong orphan who found her way to the Jedi, befriended a lonely and darkening Kylo Ren who saved her and abandoned her on Jakku, or Luke Abandoned her there, whichever. And she hovers between the light and dark because she's still on the starting path to her destiny.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote