View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 06:01 PM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default Show that you'd like to see rebooted or bought back

With the success of Cora Kai. what show from your youth, or movie franchise would you like to see bought back or rebooted on the small screen.

Give your show, your premise, and the original opening theme song of the show.

Mine

Buck Roger's in the 21st Century

The premise doesn't change but I would remove the cute elements of the original TV series. No cute droids, no disco scenes.

Buck Roger's launches from Earth in a deep space probe in 1995, the Earth is dying and Buck's mission and several other astronauts is to find and new home and resources to save humanity. He goes off course and his life support fails, and he is discovered in the 25th century and returned to Earth. Humanity has had a brutal history, endless wars over resources lead to a nuclear exchange that devastated humanity, what's left lives in a domed city called New Chicago.

Earth does have enemies, an off shoot of humanity that fled earth hundreds of years ago has re-emerged as a brutal empire driven by the idea of humanities survival at all costs. They see the humans on earth as weak.

Of course Buck and Earth Defense colonel Wilma Dearing lead the defense of Earth. Unknown to Buck, one of the former Emperors of the Humanity First Empire is a former friend and Astronaut from the Ranger program who was discovered and thawed out and created their philosophy. This series would feature tons of battles, and intrigue as Earth's survivors desperately defend their home.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: