View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 11:42 PM   #3686
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
This is the future I want to be a part of

At first I thought this was just going to be another standard tech hype video, but the Rwanda part is amazing. Dropping maternal mortality rates by 88%(!) should be front page news worthy
Yeah, I remember hearing about Zipline about 2 yrs ago on a podcast when their CEO was interviewed.

What was interesting to me was how the United States airspace had older and far more complex legislation and regulations due to years of air travel, but these same laws and regs were extremely inhibiting to the business. Rwanda was far younger in its airspace laws and regulations which enabled Zipline to get up and going far quicker there. The original idea for the founder, too, was when he visited Rwanda and he saw how because of the delay in access to medical supplies by trucks, tons of medicines were expired or unusable by the time the deliver occurred and hence, they thought of the idea of Zipline.

A year or two ago when he was interviewed, he was talking about the heavy work ongoing with US regulators and lawmakers to adjust things and enable their business to get launched, and it sounded like it was working. Would be great if Canada could follow suit on this.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote