View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 08:29 AM   #302
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
I am getting concerned about the new rules. especially when they can come into your home and demand a sample 2 hours after you may have been driving.

another tool for people who hate their neighbours. if you have issues with yours, don't have a couple of beer when you get home from work and sit down to watch a hockey game.
why couldn't your hateful neighbour call the cops when you get home and say he believes you've been drinking and driving?

also seems wrong that I could take the bus to the bar, be sitting there for a couple of drinks but could still be forced to blow.

not much would stop the cops from randomly going to any bar and just testing everyone. then what? does everyone who has a car in the parking lot then get charged?
The thing is, and I'm perfectly willing to be corrected by MBates, is that while these powers seemingly exist and are within the realm of the Police's authority most would say:

"Done be ridiculous. The Police would never do that. Thats just fear-mongering."

And they might be right. But that doesnt mean that the Police cant do that.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote